Friday, February 7, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Write

It's been a while... Today was an easy day to add to my blog because the post prompt was "write". Why not try again to get this going...  Writing is scary because it is something you put on paper or on the screen and it is there for all to see. It bares your soul at times and that is scary.

I'm so thankful for those dear ladies who have the heart and the courage to write these books for us that Lisa-Jo has shared because they are saying the things that we all think from time to time and wonder "is it only me?"  I'm so thankful for these strong ladies who take the time to share their lives with us and take the time to encourage us and make our days brighter.

I've wondered for so long about writing and blogging and sharing stories about my life and things that make me question and wonder and wander through the days. The five minute Friday moments are really freeing because you know that you only have to write for just 5 minutes. I think that this fact alone makes it much easier to just open up the words that are flying around in our minds.

This has been a hard week for me with some things that I'd like to fix but it's not in my power to do so. The encouragement I've gotten from Lisa-Jo, Women Living Well and (in)Courage has made it a much brighter week for me and given me hope which will last for days to come.

...and STOP!

Happy weekend all!

Jane

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jane! We have lots in common! I was born in PA too {north of Philly} and now live in Europe {Budapest}. I am so happy that you linked before me and just want to encourage you to write. Just take the next step and share your story one teeny, tiny piece at a time:) This overseas move & 3 little kids have sadly waylaid the writing I know I can & want to do, so let's encourage each other! Blessings:) {p.s. I had a HARD week too:/}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jane, that comment was really me, Abby. My hubby Jared's profile came up, but IT'S ME! I hope you see my face on this new comment:}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby! Wow - small world! I think maybe we are lucky not to be back there with all of the snow and ice right now! Thanks for the encouragement. I have the time now with the job I have and really need to do it. Maybe I'll make my own little time projects like 5 Minute Friday and then I'll do more. I drive from Belgium to the Netherlands every day (over an hour) to take our son to school and then spend the day and wait until school is over and drive back home. It seems like I'm never home... Of course, when we lived in Italy, I was always home!

      Delete