Thursday, October 31, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Grace

Today's word is Grace.

Here are some definitions:

1. Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.
2. A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement.
3. A sense of fitness or propriety.
4.  a. A disposition to be generous or helpful; goodwill.
     b. Mercy; clemency.
5. A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence.
6. A temporary immunity or exemption; a reprieve.

I needed grace when writing this blog post as the gremlins in the computer decided to make my post invisible when I hit post! Grace.

I looked up the definition of grace because I knew it had many meanings. One who has grace is looked upon as having it all together, I seek grace. One who treats others with grace is generous and helpful and full of goodwill. I seek grace.

Life is full of challenges and we have the chance to bless others by walking with and in grace. As we go about our daily routines of walking, getting our children ready for school, getting ourselves ready for our day and planning how the day is to go, I'm going to be thinking about grace and how I can incorporate it into those small minutes that flash by and I'm certain that God will bestow peace upon my home and life. Grace. Such an important and wonderful thing.

I'm hoping I don't need the sort of grace that is mentioned in Definition 6, that would indicate that I was being faced with some unusual challenge that was getting the best of me. I know that, when these times arise, God is strengthening me but we don't look upon those times as wanting them to occur... However, it is good to know that I can pray for grace and ask God for a reprieve.

Grace. One small word. A prayer that can be said with a sigh. Grace. God knows what areas of our lives are lacking in this and he will provide all we need in his time not ours. Grace.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, grace is a small word, but oh so powerful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete