Thursday, October 3, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Really written at 7:30 am Friday

I can do it! There's a part of me that has been wondering if I could be a writer... professionally... to fill the need for a little extra income and to feel like I'm contributing. Now I find this great 5 minute practice time where I can share about anything and only for 5 minutes. Anyone can sit and write for 5 minutes, right?

I realized that my involvement in PWOC has given me such a wonderful opportunity to share things that I have read and find moving or things that tug at my soul's heart letting me know that I have so much more room to grow in my walk of faith. Leading ladies is one way of looking at it or maybe walking alongside the ladies is a better way to describe it. God is good. All the time.

The ladies asked if I could help plan our monthly program evenings. At first, there was a part of me that said - Oh that won't work with us living so far away. Then God nudged me and said "You can do this, if you just ask." So many beautiful offers of help have come forward. This is just like we hear over and over, God will provide. He provided a way for me to not have to drive home late at night one night a month. He provided dear ladies to come alongside me to help with the programs. He provided me with ideas and has nudged me to look in unusual places for ideas to share and thoughts to share and scripture to share. God is good. All the time.

So now, I'm sitting here early this rainy Friday morning drinking my coffee with the whole day ahead of me. No driving. No rushing. Just a day with so many possibilities. Five Minute Fridays have been added to my "To do" list and I'm glad.

God is good. All the time! (Now maybe he'll point me in the direction of fixing my time setting here so it really reflects the actual date and time...)

2 comments:

  1. Jane, I'm so glad you found Five Minute Fridays! I, too, am blessed by this opportunity to build writing into my life, one little chunk at a time. I enjoyed reading about how God has provided for you. Indeed, He IS good ALL the time!
    Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jane in Italy. I'm Cassandra in Texas visiting via Five Minute Fridays.

    Isn't is amazing how God is using Five Minute Fridays to help you help others with your skills? God really is good ALL the time! He is so good that I'm sure He's going to help you figure out how to fix your blog time setting. :D

    So glad to meet you! God Bless and have a great weekend!

    ~ Cassandra from Renaissance Women

    ReplyDelete